Saturday, February 11, 2012

Chocolate Truffle Cheesecake


A coworker had six packages of cream cheese just taking up space in her refrigerator. Imagine?! That would be inconceivable at my house. So, she gave the cream cheese to me knowing full well I could put them to good use.

I clipped a recipe fifteen years ago for a Chocolate Truffle Cheesecake. I thought it was finally time to give it a try. I had enough cream cheese to make two cakes. And not only did we have house guests to bake for, there was another birthday at work.

Remember this joker? Well, it WAS actually and truly his birthday this time.




Here's Richard, one year older and wiser, with his Chocolate Truffle Cheesecake. Sorry, I didn't get a close up photo of a slice. I was pretty messy with my cutting.
Still, Richard, I advise you watch your back come April 1.
If you love cheesecake and are slightly addicted to chocolate like I am, this recipe is perfect for you. It's very easy to make, and it was a big hit at work and at home. Even my two boys, who are rather picky when it comes to cheesecake, devoured this one.

Plus, I just realized that Valentine's Day is only three days away. I just maybe making this again!


Chocolate Truffle Cheesecake

Crust:
  • 1 ½ cups chocolate water crumbs
  • 2 Tbsps. sugar
  • ¼ cup butter, melted
Filling:
  • ¼ cup semisweet chocolate chips
  • ¼ cup whipping cream
  • 3 8-oz. packages cream cheese
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1/3 cup baking cocoa
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 tsp. vanilla extract
Topping:
  • 1 ½ cups semisweet chocolate chips
  • ¼ cup whipping cream
  • 1 tsp. vanilla


In a small bowl, combine cookie crumbs and sugar. Stir in butter. Press onto the bottom and 1 ½" in. up the sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. Reduce heat to 325°.

For the filling, place chocolate chips in a small mixing bowl. In a small saucepan, bring whipping cream to a boil. Pour cream over chocolate chips and let stand for 1 minute. Stir until smooth and set aside. In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add cocoa and beat well. Add eggs and beat on low just until combined. Stir in vanilla and reserved chocolate mixture just until blended. Pour over crust. Bake for 45-50 minutes or until center is almost set. Let cool on a wire rack. After 10 minutes, carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen.

For the topping, place chocolate chips in a small mixing bowl. In a small saucepan, bring whipping cream to a boil. Pour cream over chocolate chips and let stand for 1 minute. Add vanilla and stir until smooth. Spread over filling. Refrigerate overnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. I'll try and respond soon.